Welcome
Welcome to persona4musicalproject

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Release

Chat about whatever you want here

Release

Postby Robosham » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:42 am

Hey, I think the music that's been posted so far is fantastic but I was a little bit curious about how the musical will be released. I read that it was intended to be performed live but I think that would be pretty difficult. It would be pretty hard to find people that would suit the characters well for both appearance and voice for a live performance and get them all to perform for something that I'm assuming really doesn't have a budget. I was just curious if you've considered making this musical available online as an audio-only download. Typically I'm not very interested in fan projects but the quality of what I've heard is really good and I feel like it has a lot of potential.

I think it might be a good idea to hold auditions online and get the best cast you can and reach the biggest audience possible. Most of persona 4's dialogue takes place with the characters just standing stationary and talking anyway. The game's audio is what carries it so why not make the musical audio only?
Robosham

Re: Release

Postby FemC » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 am

Thank you for your recommendations! We honestly appreciate ideas and guidance, because we are so close to this project that we tend to get bogged down in it.

The reality of the situation is that you are right: an online release would be both easier and more feasible monetarily. You are also completely correct that finding actors that both fit the characters' appearances and voice will be very difficult.

The truth is that some form of audio production will probably, ultimately, be the form that the show takes.

That said, it is still early. I realize that this is an odd remark, but understand that we were not expecting people to respond to the songs and our work with such enthusiasm. The original plan was to gather some local performers and put on a concert version of the show (Sort of like the Jekyl & Hyde experimentation concert in which they played over 40 songs and then got the audience to tell them what should be kept and what should be cut in the finished product) in order to verify which songs should be kept/cut ext, to finalize the staging and to make video recordings so that people could see what we were working on. Past that...well, we really had not planned that far.

So, you are right, we need to both keep reality in mind and make sure we are always considering alternative final forms for this project, but in the mean time, I think we will continue to approach this like a stage production, if only because that is what we know. I feel that converting the songs, when they are done, to an radio-show style audio recording would not require a dramatic rewrite down the line, but first, we should concentrate on finishing them.

My brother and I have actually talked a lot about trying to cast the show and find musicians to work with us online. We'll let you know as soon as we've made a decision, but know that it is likely to happen in the future.
FemC
Site Admin

Re: Release

Postby LoganAura » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 pm

If it's really hard, maybe you could- if it's the audio project- have a couple artists do 'stagecaps', pictures drawn of a stage and such with the singers, that could also be album art?
I'm not sure if that'd be easier or harder though.
LoganAura

Return to Hey, What's Up?